Drug Addiction Treatment
When and why am I a drug addict and in need of drug rehab centers? Mental health issues often go beyond the psychological aspect and deal with the physical wiring of the mind. After long periods of stress, discomfort, abuse, or distress the brain eventually rewires itself to adapt to the events at hand. This might cause a chemical imbalance by which we no longer receive happy chemicals when we should. This is why many people tend to rely on manufactured chemical drugs such as heroin, cocaine, and marijuana, and while these chemicals can provide the mind with a “reward”, the effect they have on the brain and body is a cost that no one should be willing to pay. The result is a drug addiction to the substance!
Drugs themselves rewire our brains because of the immense damage they cause. After several uses, the brain becomes dependent on them and loses the ability to resist them and become addicted. Fighting addiction is a hard process that takes willpower and courage. Our professionals are trained to walk you through this dark tunnel and help walk out of the other side of a new and healthy individual. The treatment plan will help you in overcoming your dependency by detoxifying ‘detox’ your system of the residues of drug addiction.
Our THE BALANCE Inpatient Drug Rehab Center rehabilitation program is designed to minimize the hardships of drug withdrawal. Once drug detox is complete and independence is achieved, our team will help you rewire and retrain your brain so that it regains optimal function. Our drug addiction treatment programs are comprehensive and person-centered to enable you to pinpoint underlying issues that left you exposed to addiction and endeavor to provide you with a lasting behavior change to overcome the unhealthy addictive behavior patterns and replace this with healthier patterns of behavior.
Symptoms of Drug Addict
Drug addiction symptoms or behaviours include, among others:
- Feeling that you have to use the drug regularly – daily or even several times a day.
- Having intense urges for the drug that block out any other thoughts.
- Over time, needing more of the drug to get the same effect.
- Taking larger amounts of the drug over a longer period of time than you intended.
- Making certain that you maintain a supply of the drug.
- Spending money on the drug, even though you can’t afford it.
- Not meeting obligations and work responsibilities, or cutting back on social or recreational activities because of drug use.
- Continuing to use the drug, even though you know it’s causing problems in your life or causing you physical or psychological harm.
- Doing things to get the drug that you normally wouldn’t do, such as stealing.
- Driving or doing other risky activities when you’re under the influence of the drug.
- Spending a good deal of time getting the drug, using the drug, or recovering from the effects of the drug.
- Failing in your attempts to stop using the drug.
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you attempt to stop taking the drug.
Recognizing unhealthy drug use in family members. Identifying symptoms in teens can be more challenging since they already experience behaviour changes.
- Problems at school or work – frequently skipping school or missing work, a sudden disinterest in school activities or work, or a drop in grades or work performance.
- Physical health issues – lack of energy and motivation, weight loss or gain, or red eyes.
- Neglected appearance – lack of interest in clothing, grooming, or looks.
- Changes in behavior – exaggerated efforts to prevent family members from entering his or her room or being secretive about where he or she goes with friends; drastic changes in behavior and in relationships with family and friends, long period of isolation on a regular basis.
- Money issues – sudden requests for money without a reasonable explanation; or your discovery that money is missing or has been stolen or that items have disappeared from your home, indicating maybe they’re being sold to support drug use.
A UNIQUE METHODa successful and proven concept focusing on underlying causes
a swiss innovation rebalancing body & brain biochemistry
Our biochemical imbalance can be affected by diet and stressful life events, but it often goes back to genetics and epigenetics. We do specific biochemical laboratory testing to determine an individual’s biochemical imbalance. Combining the results of the lab tests with anamnestic information and clinical tests, we prescribe an individualized and compounded vitamin, mineral, nutrient protocol to help our patients recover from various disease states.more info
Your treatment begins with an extensive assessment and diagnosis of your presenting issues, which consists of a full-body medical check-up including laboratory, psychiatric assessment, orthomolecular assessment as well as a nutritional assessment.more info
Our therapists will work with you using several proven trauma treatment techniques on your healing of trauma and other stress disorders.more info
Our medical experts combine the best from general and alternative medicine to support you individually; providing myoreflex therapy, osteopathy, lymphatic drainage, and the latest technology-based therapies such as biofeedback, neurofeedback, repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS), heart rate variability and sleep pattern measurement will enable you to address problem areas and build a healthier lifestyle.more info
Our program consists of treating only one client at a time individually designed to help you with all the problematic aspects of your life. A private counselor will company you 24/7 during your stay which makes the treatment very efficient. All individual treatment sessions such as CBT, schema therapy, systemic therapy, mindfulness-based stress reduction, and more will be held at your private residence.more info
While living in a luxury residence, you will be receiving a first-class service and experience supreme hospitality by your private chef and butler, maid, and many more.more info
You will experience a range of complementary therapies including art therapy, equine-assisted therapy, music therapy, brain training, acupuncture, massage, personal training. Together with our lifestyle and mindfulness techniques, all are designed to help you recognize and change unhealthy behaviors and enable you to build a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.more info
Our chef and nutrition specialist will design your personalized diet plan supporting your body & mind recovery as well as design a specific diet to help with your weight loss. Use of the gym, a personal trainer, yoga, other fitness workshops, and nutrition workshops will help you to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Our fitness expert will design a fitness program tailor-made for you to enable you to reach and maintain your ideal weight.more info
Send Admission Request
Define Treatment Goals
Comprehensive Assessments & Detox
Ongoing Physical & Mental Therapy
Family Therapy & Aftercare Preperation
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?Call: 0041445005111 Email: [email protected] Leave your information and we will contact you
INSIGHTSlatest news & research
Postpartum Depression: Mothers’ Struggle
Giving life to a new soul is sometimes compared to a miracle. The long journey a woman has to go through to give birth is exhausting; both mentally and physically. The human body embraces the changes it has to go through in order to conceive but it does so with several side effects. A lot of new moms experience Postpartum Depression upon being physically separated from their child.read more
Sleep & Yoga: Endless Benefits
With every decision we take, our bodies and health are affected. Taking the simple decision of drinking more water per day, for example, has infinite advantages. Even if it sounds easy, your body will be thankful. Sleep is a vital tool for survival, but sometimes that’s unattainable. Nightmares plague us, insomnia tries to disturb our night and restlessness awaits us. Thus, yoga must be included in our routine to help the body and mind.read more
One Client at a Time: Benefits and Outcomes
Taking care of ourselves should always be a priority. Problems arise with the complexity of life. Turning into rehab, counseling, or a treatment center might be a heavy step but it is brave. It means you are putting yourself first and choosing to work on your body, mind, and soul. Treatment is not limited to mental health problems, but it also encompasses instances where we need a break too.read more
Plant-Based Diet: A Healthier Lifestyle
The body is an incredibly precious temple. For that reason, the kindness that the body offers us throughout daily life should be returned. Nutrition and exercise are two of the most important factors. What to eat is highly important and therefore mustn’t be unorganized. A plant-based diet is a key to maintaining good health; both mentally and physically.read more